Hotel, gourmet restaurant & spa in Northern Alsace
Le Cheval Blanc in Lembach
Le Cheval Blanc is in the centre of the village of Lembach in the Bas-Rhin in Alsace, surrounded by the Regional Nature Park of the Northern Vosges, 14 km from Wissembourg, 24 km from Haguenau and 58 km from Strasbourg, the capital of Alsace.
• Latitude: 49.0030952
• Longitude: 7.8048558
From the A35:
• Follow signs to Haguenau;
• Join the A4, then take the exit for Haguenau;
• Follow signs to Woerth and Lembach.
• TER train station in Niederbronn-les-Bains (18 km away)
• TER train station in Soultz-sous-Forêts (16 km away)
• Intercités and TER train station in Haguenau (24 km away)
• TGV train station in Strasbourg (58 km away), numerous high-speed TGV trains from Gare de Paris-Est (1 hour and 50 minutes).
Distances in kilometres and journey times between the hotel and restaurant of Le Cheval Blanc and:
Things to do and see in Alsace
Tourism and leisure activities in Northern Alsace
Lembach and the Regional Nature Park of the Northern Vosges
In the heart of the Regional Nature Park of the Northern Vosges, the village of Lembach has all the historic charm of a traditional Alsatian village; you’ll love exploring it during your trip to the Bas-Rhin with your family, as a couple or on a business trip:
• The poets’ trail: a 5 km trail with 30 poems in French and Alsatian. An original way to explore the area and to admire Lembach’s superb half-timbered houses!
• The Château de Fleckenstein: just 10 minutes from Le Cheval Blanc, this is one of the best preserved castles in Northern Alsace. Enjoy a medieval adventure and a fun day out for the whole family!
• The Maginot Line: the Ouvrage du Four-à-Chaux, one of the 108 fortifications of the famous Maginot Line, is in the village of Lembach. Visitors can learn about the history of this building, made up of 6 combat blocks, including 3 artillery blocks, and 4.5 km of underground tunnels.
In the very heart of Alsace’s villages
It’s no secret: Alsace is home to some of the most beautiful villages in France. Half-timbered houses covered with flowers, beautiful narrow streets and traditional crafts and skills which continue to this day: a visit to Le Cheval Blanc for a romantic break, a holiday to Alsace or a business trip is an ideal opportunity to explore these quaint villages with all their regional charm, no matter when you’re visiting.
Don’t miss the pottery villages of Betschdorf (23 km away) and Soufflenheim (34 km away), the traditional Alsatian charm of Hunspach (16 km away), Seebach (21 km away) and the museums which showcase the region’s traditions (Musée Rural de l’Outre-Forêt, a former farm, and Musée Lalique, a museum on glass and crystal in Wingen-sur-Moder).
Sport in Alsace
In the heart of a regional nature park, Lembach and the surrounding area are ideal destinations for fans of sport and offer a wide range of activities:
- Mountain biking and cycle touring
- Horse riding
- Golf: two golf courses, Golf de Soufflenheim (37 km away) and Golf de Bitche (32 km away)
- Sailing on the lake in Fleckenstein (4 km away)
Must-see sights in Alsace
- The Christmas markets - Genuine institutions in Alsace, Christmas markets can be found from the beginning of December until January in every village and town.
- St. Nicolas Day - This traditional feast day celebrates the arrival of St. Nicolas on 6 December, with processions, traditional sweet treats and celebrations across the region.
- L’Humour des Notes festival - Street artists, musicians, and actors from around the world come to Haguenau every spring.
- Streisselhochzeit in Seebach - In late July, the village is transformed into a seemingly endless open-air show: folk concerts with dancers, traditional processions and more.
- La Semaine des Charbonniers in Lembach - A week of family-friendly activities and events in summer to celebrate the charcoal manufacturing process beginning again!
- The international music festival in Wissembourg - An unmissable event for fans of classical music, this festival is held annually from mid-August to early September in a unique building, in the heart of the nave of the former Dominican convent in Wissembourg.
Days out and leisure activities
Whether you’re visiting as a couple or with family or friends, there are plenty of fantastic places to visit in Alsace. There’s something for everyone:
- the Casino in Niederbonn-les-Bains (18 km away)
- the Nautiland theme park in Hagunau (24 km away), the Didiland theme park (12 km away)
- Royal Palace in Kirrwiller (34 km away): this Alsatian cabaret promises an incredible evening with revues, dancing, music and magic!